Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Chronicles of Kalmar #5 - Dead Week

I realized yesterday that I had gotten so busy that I had not had a chance to give you guys anything about my wierd life in Kalmar...which was for the best anyway...
Last week was filled with boredom mostly. I was writing a paper for my class. A comparative study of media systems in Kenya and Sweden. It's as boring as it sounds by the way. I basically became a permanent fixture in the library coz I didn't have a computer or an internet connection at home, so I couldn't work from home. Unfortunate....I know. But I got through it!!! Finally. Gave it in yesterday and now I am just chilling to do the final presentation then I will be scot free from studies for a few days. I wonder what I should do.....hmmm....
Anywhoo, being that there are generally not tales to tell, let me tell you that I am now a proud computer owner. I searched for one online till I got someone selling a reasonably priced laptop, then I convinced my mentors to drive me to the guy's place to buy it. He turned out to be a very cool middle aged dad with a knack for selling used laptops. I got a pretty good one. And so far it is working like a charm. And today I finally got net connected to my room. So I now have something to write my stories on :-D
So basically, since the last time I sat to write a chronicle, very little has happened in my life. But worry thee not my good friends...The week ahead promises fireworks!!!
Side Notes:
This weekend was interesting. I stuck to my business and I only went out wednesday and Sato. Saturday wasn't all that, but I got a chance to listen to Polish songs about the spring. That was magical. Photos are in my albums....obviously, they are called Saturday night :-D
I need to learn a bit of Swedish so that I can catch Henrik and Tommy when they are gossiping behind my back about me. They tried it when we went to buy the laptop and the guy we was buying from was good enough to tell me that they was talkin about me.
Imagine it started snowing again. And saturday was the beginning of spring. The weather here is just plain wierd.
Keep it locked for more chronicles of kalmar!


Me and Simon.....this was sato night...one of the few photos of me that is on my camera :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment